Enjoy Access to The Best Indigenous Health Services
At Drayton Medical Centre, it is our priority to improve the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We are committed to developing strategies, initiatives and programs to ensure the wellbeing and health of indigenous people.
Many indigenous Australians experience poor health, leading to death at much younger ages. They are more prone to have mental health issues and chronic diseases like chronic kidney disease, diabetes, respiratory or cardiovascular diseases.
There is a continued high risk of diseases like trachoma, rheumatic heart disease. We believe that access to health services, medicine and health care is essential to ensure good health.
We make it a point to ensure that the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are met, and they have access to quality care such as primary health care, hospital and specialists services. In addition, our indigenous health services offer diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of ill health.
We aim to improve:
- The health of Aboriginal people in remote areas of Australia
- Access to comprehensive, high-quality primary health care
- The way direct health care services operate so that they are more accessible
Our annual health check-up procedure includes the following:
- Have a yearly free 715 health checks that take about 45 to 60 minutes to complete
- These health check-ups will give you access to bulk-billed Allied Health Services such as podiatry, dietitians, physiotherapy and more.
- Our health check-up services are tailored for Aboriginal people of all ages.
- Our annual health check-up services are designed to manage your health and keep you from chronic illnesses.
We constantly evaluate and monitor our services to assess whether the way we provide health care is effective or not. This helps us improve the quality of health care services for indigenous Australians while closing the bridge between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians in terms of health.
We take pride in improving our health care services, providing patients with care and compassion. If you want to learn more, get in touch with our practitioners today!