Laser hair removal can be intimidating, but it is regarded as a safe and effective way to avoid razors and ugly cuts due to regular shaving.
Suppose you are willing to reduce the number of ingrown hairs. In that case, it is a great option to become your naturally beautiful self.
What Are the Potential Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal in Toowoomba by Kaya Cosmetics works by discharging pulses of highly-concentrated radiation directly into the hair follicles of the human body. The follicles absorb the heat from that radiation, which in turn, kills the hair.
Being a non-invasive and non-surgical procedure to get rid of unwanted body hair, it has more benefits than you could ever think:
- Precision: The process uses intense pulsed light (IPL) that precisely targets the root of the hair.
- Speed: Although the length of individual treatments may vary depending on how large the concerned area is, you can expect results in the first few weeks of your first session.
- Price: You may have to spend more money upfront, but you will save in the long run because you would not have to spend as much on waxing or razors.
- No painful irritations: Once your treatments start taking effect, you will no longer have to deal with painful ingrown hairs like you would with waxing or razor burn. The treatment itself can lead to slight discomfort initially, but it goes away with each treatment.
- It works anywhere: You can get laser hair removal done anywhere on the body depending on your needs: face, back, legs, bikini line, underarms or anywhere else you have unwanted hair.
How Long Do You Think Results Last?
Everyone’s results may vary. However, in most cases, outcomes could last for years, with some experiencing permanent hair loss after getting the treatment done.
Do not expect your hair to shed instantly. You will start losing them over the course of several weeks. Patients can speed up the process by exfoliating the area or using scrubs, loofahs or washcloths. Once your first treatment is over, you may think nothing has changed. The fact is that hair loss and growth typically occur in cycles, and laser hair removal explicitly targets the hair follicles in the growth stage. This is why you require repeated treatments to target new hair continually and diminish them from the core.
Are There Any Side Effects? What About Recovery Time?
There are very few side effects of hair removal through laser. However, you want to take certain precautions after getting the treatment done to ensure maximum comfort. There might be some redness or swelling on the skin for the first few hours following the treatment. However, that usually goes away quickly.
At Drayton Medical, we understand how annoying it is to deal with unwanted body hair. That is why we offer laser hair removal treatments customized to suit your skins pigment, hair type and treatment area to get the best results.